Wellswood derives its name from the Wells family who originally purchased the 640 acres on which the community sits. The Wellswood community center was deeded by James F. and Edna Wells Wishart in 1949 and the first house was built in 1950. Wellswood was originally known as Wells Park but was renamed due to the abundance of pine and oak trees in the area. It is one of many Central Tampa Neighborhoods.
Copyright © 2018 Mid Florida MLS. All rights reserved. The data relating to real estate for sale on this web site comes in part from the Internet Data Exchange Program of Mid Florida MLS. Information provided is for consumer's personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing. Florida Executive Realty participates in the MFRMLS Internet Data Exchange (IDX) program, allowing display of other MFRMLS broker's listings on this site. However may not include all listings currently available. Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Information last updated at 2018-01-20 04:22:32.